FLIBBITY.

Monday, September 11, 2006

2996






www.dcroe.com/2996

EDIT: I think this may work: 2996

The picture is from that site, but I saved the picture to my computer to hopefully save bandwidth for that site. (I think I have the lingo right!)

Anyway, as of 8:00 pm, that link was not working, which is not surprising because I am sure the site is (was) seeing a lot of traffic today.

But I still wanted to tell you about it.

Here is the personal blog of the person who is responsible for this:

www.dcroe.com/blog



Anyway, this site was set up so that 2996 bloggers could post tributes to the 2996 people who lost their lives on September 11, 2006. (The last I heard was that 3400 people signed up, so some people had tributes on more than one site.)

I have read many of these tributes, and I thought it was awesome to see information about them as people with families. They were mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, parents, and on and on, and they should be remembered as that, not just as victims.


I commend those who chose to participate. Today I wish that I hadn't been worried that I would fail at it and not give someone the proper recognition.

So, I figured that I would at least recognize those who did, and more importantly, the people that they are all recognizing.

I thought about linking to some of the individual tributes, but decided that none are more important than any others. But then I saw this one:

www.treefortenterprises.com



Definitely check that one out.

It is the blog of two little boys, Ben and Noah. At ages 4 and 6, they are the youngest participants.



posted by Jenne Lou at 9/11/2006 08:22:00 PM

2 Comments:

Oh my God that is the cutest blog ever. So sweet, and touching.

2 extra plates.

I'm going to go cry now.

9:52 PM  

That really was so adorable. It was so bittersweet.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home