FLIBBITY.

Monday, August 28, 2006

WARNING.....Rambling ahead!

So, today was kind of annoying.

Got up this morning dead on my ass tired. I hate that. Even coffee didn't help. (No, mother, I did not take a nap....even though I do love a good nap.) AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO ADMIT IT! = >

These are some of the things that need to get accomplished this week....

- go and pick up my refund check, and stand in a wicked long line. Why the heck can't they just mail them?

- Go and buy my textbooks.....and stand in a wicked long line. And spend $600.00.

- Go to the DMV (or as Dane Cook calls it: Satan's asshole.) because my damn registration is going to expire....and most likely stand in a ridiculously long line.

- Go to Wal-Mart. and stand in a ridiculously long line. And twitch. Because that seems to be what I do there lately.

I am pretty sure that I am forgetting something....but I forget what it is. Or something.

Anyway, I am not really good with large crowds because, well, because people tend to bug the shit out of me. I don't know why I am this way, it is what it is.

So, as I was saying, I get up this morning....and I am TIRED. Luckily my first class wasn't until 10:00. After my class, I go buy Wal Mart....parking lot is a zoo....so I leave. No biggie. It isn't like I can't go later. Go to the bursar's office....no parking, which means most likely a huge ass line. Go to the bookstore, no parking near by. I don't live that far away, but those damn books are heavy, so no way.

So I come home. And did NOT take a nap, even though I so love a good nap. Did I mention that?

I finally decide, at 3:45, to try and pick up my refund. I find a parking spot...get inside....NO LINE!!!! And also no one standing at the refund window. So I stand there....and stand there.....and finally ask at another window. The woman tells me to go back to the refund window. So, i do....and no I was not freaking out...whatever.....finally someone showed up, i got my check, all is good! No complaints there.

So I decide to go to the bank. Get up by Wal Mart, four lane road...on my way to the bank. Traffic isn't moving.....and the light is green. THIS annoys me. Apparently some dumb ass rear ended another dumbass, and they decide it is a good idea to stay in the middle of the damn road. UNDERNEATH A TRAFFIC LIGHT. I understand not wanting to move until the police arrive, but at the risk of causing yet another accident? Not getting that shit. But anyway....I continue on to the bank....and it is closed. At 4:00. That is just painfully stupid.

I better post this...before I lose it and go fucking postal. That pissed me off so bad last time.

OK...I am back. So, whatever, the bank is closed. Then I remember....there is a branch of that bank in.....Wal Mart. So I head back that way, and see a state trooper driving like a maniac. And some dumbass stopping at the light...in his way. HELLO????????

But I digress....I guess the City Police must have been busy, because he was going to that accident....and stopped in the opposite lane, so now they are both blocked. I turned into Wal Mart before the chaos could ensue. And yes, it was a zoo.

BUT I finally get inside...and can I just say...that I have worked many customer service jobs. I get it that people get busy. But I HATE it when people can't at least acknowledge that someone is there. That bugs the shit out of me. I really can be patient, but would it kill you to say something, so I don't feel like I am standing there like a complete idiot?

And yeah, that damn store made me twitch and I got OUT of there as soon as possible. Looks like I will be shopping at 11:00 tonight.

So, I go to class....uneventful....then I go to the bookstore, which I am hoping will not be too bad since I know they close at 7:00 and it was about 6:30.

The line was a bit long, as I expected it to be....so I walked around the store....and finally got back in line. I reserved my books online, so I was thinking it wouldn't be too big a deal. I give the guy my online confirmation, he goes in the back....and I wait. And wait. He finally comes out with half my books. And asks me if I had picked the others up yet. I hadn't.

So I wait some more. Finally he comes out with half of the remaining books. He can't find my other order, so he goes and gets them off the shelf.

I get home and realize....that they charged me more than I expected....because the book he couldn't find? The one I reserved? Was used. And I got a new one. Which only amounted to about $20.00 when I spent over $600, but it is still annoying. I am tempted to go in and bitch....but I don't feel like standing in line to do it.

Damnit.

I would also like to make it clear that I did not freak out during any of these instances today....nor did I really feel the urge to. WTF? That is so unlike me! But I guess it is a good thing.....

But....I still have to deal with Satan's asshole this week. Both the DMV and Wal Mart cheeks.

Wish me luck.

Sorry that was so damn long....
posted by Jenne Lou at 8/28/2006 07:30:00 PM

5 Comments:

$600!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! I went to the bookstore today too and can you believe that 2 of the 4 professors didn't have their books posted yet?? HELLO???!!!???!! So I got 2 sets of books for my 2 classes and that came to over $200, can't wait to see what the others cost!!

Sorry about al the chaos today, but being that you handled it well I'm sure there is a special place in heaven just for you!

Me, I had such horrid PMS, everyone was a target, I feel MUCH better now....chocolate is my friend!!!

Day 1 down! WHOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

12:46 AM  

Yeah, isn't that CRAZY?

Two books were $150.00
One was $97.50
One was $130.00.....

you get my drift.

Thanks for reading that drivel!

= )

1:06 AM  

And what the HELL are we doing up so late? (early???)

1:07 AM  

i was so over tired last night! LOL!!

Get this....so I go to the bookstore after class today to get books for my Digi Logic class, the main text is bundled with some software and I purchase a workbook as well. It ended up being ridiculously cheap so I looked on the board outside the store to see what the prices were, and then I saw that he only rung up the software at $15.96 but not the text at $129......I kept right on walking saying "Oh I'm gonna go to hell" but it's not like they don't screw us on those prices!!! Am I bad?? Should I just go back and say I underpaid???? Now the guilt is setting in!! LOL!!

6:01 PM  

I like your new colors!!

Yeah, and bookstores suck. We hate them.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home