FLIBBITY.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Let me try this again...


OK, so I am going to try and re-create the post I lost the other day. It probably won't be as good as the original because I have a headache. Luckily it is not TOO bad right now, let's hope it stays that way.

So, the other day I read this article that said that Britney Spears wants to renew her vows to her skanktastic husband. WTF? They just got married two freaking years ago!!! Maybe I am wrong, but isn't that something you should do after several years, not after being married to a dirtbag, talentless loser for two years? Not that I think she has much talent either, but whatever. The same article stated that she gave her husband an American Express card with no limit. Gee are ya sure that is the smartest thing to do given his prior history? Not to mention the fact that she is looking pretty trashy these days, and I think her body was a big part of her attraction before. Come on, is anyone really considering her a musical genius? Am I missing something?

Now, i can't really remember how I got to my next point, but it had something to do with Don Johnson's new show on the WB, "Just Legal". Has anyone seen this? It is TERRIBLE. When I was a kid, I seem to remember him being considered somewhat of a hottie. Well, dude hasn't aged well or somethin'. The whole show just annoyed me. But my remote needs new batteries and I was too lazy to get up and change the damn channel. And speaking of actors, what the heck happened to David Caruso? I like CSI Miami, but sometimes the dude makes the weirdest faces! I gotta wonder if he is using a technique called "Smell the Fart" technique from the Joey Tribbiani school of acting. The dude who plays John Black on "Days of Our Lives" is also guilty of this. But, don't get me started on that trainwreck.

Even though I am not done, I am going to hit post, before I lose everything again.

Okay....continuing....

There are a couple of phrases that bug the shit out of me. So I am going to tell you about them.....

The customer is always right.

Anyone who utters this phrase should be forced to work in a Super WalMart on the first of the month...that also falls on a Saturday. I can guarantee you that they will never utter those words again. Do I really need to explain this in further detail?

Next we have:

I pay your paycheck

Actually, f***nut, no you do not. That is some twisted logic right there. Sure, I know that essentially, retail employees would not have a job if there weren't customers to buy stuff, but this comment is just stupid.

And I had some points to make about this the other day, but they are gone, and now I can't remember them. Does this really NEED explaining?

And now, as a public service, I am going to offer you some advice about staying in a hotel. (But really, the basic principles can be applied to other aspects of customer service, and probably life in general.)


**Pausing to save again**

OK, so I am suspecting that most, if not all of you who will read this have stayed in a hotel before. At the hotel I work at, check out time is 12:00 noon, and check-in time is 3:00 p.m. It is really sad how many people do not get the concept that it takes time to clean the rooms. I remember one lady who wanted to check in on a very busy weekend, at about 11:30. I explained to her that her room was not ready, and that the previous guests had in fact not even checked out yet. So, she said "Fine, I will be back at 12:30....you can check me in then." Uh NO....it doesn't work that way. She proceeded to argue with me. Now, I would think that common sense would tell a person that housekeeping might not get right into that room immediately after the previous guests checked out. Which is why there is that three hour window.

I am rambling, but my point is, there are times when I can usually get you checked in before 3:00. HOWEVER, if you act like an asshole or act like you are better than me, I will go out of my way to NOT help you. We had a lady just last week say, in a very snotty, holier than thou tone "But I have a wedding to attend at 1:00 p.m.

Well, pin a rose on your nose. As far as you concerned, if you come in and act like a bitch, I am not willing to help you. If you come in and act civilized? Then I am totally willing to help you out. And guess what? I am on very good terms with the housekeeping staff. I can get things done. Or not. I am not trying to act all "drunk with power" but how freaking hard is it to be NICE for 5 minutes? Guess what, you are probably not the only one who wants to get in early, and the customer who comes in right after you, who talks to me like I am a human? They will totally be in their room before you.

Ugh. I feel like I am rambling. There is so much more I could bitch about, but I will spare you.

Oh, and I don't think I am going back to Wal Mart. I went there yesterday....I was frustrated before I even found a parking spot, so I left.

Today I actually made it inside, and I was twitching in 10 minutes.

I so need to find a new job.
posted by Jenne Lou at 8/15/2006 11:51:00 PM

4 Comments:

Ah-hahahahaha

The John Black smelly fart face!!! I HATE John Black for that specific reason. What about the face he makes when he looks like he's trying to think really hard? That and Sami's "angry" face that she used to pull off all the time. Oh god I haven't watched Days in fucking YEARS. Does he still call Marlena "doc"?

6:17 PM  

yes, he does.

That show is fucking ridiculous. First, it is way too predictable.

AND you can not watch for like 6 years, and then you are bored one day, so you watch it, and all the kids have aged about 20 years, BUT you still know what is going on.

It is very weird.

12:37 AM  

I googled the cast. Who the hell is the ugly bitch they got to play Belle?

Gross!!

I'm glad I don't watch anymore.

1:59 PM  

Girl I knew it! I am ALWAYS nice to the hotel peeps and I ALWAYS get free shit. I tell this to everyone! Hotel and Food. BE NICE. And you're right, it really isn't hard to be nice if it comes naturally, but some of these bitches are ugly to da bone so they deserve not to be checked in til the last possible minute.. right after you tell housekeeping to lick their glasses and pee in the sink. ;D

The Joey Fart Face is the best acting advice I've ever heard.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home