FLIBBITY.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Believe it or not.....

I am kind of homesick.

I don't necessarily miss Saranac Lake, but I guess it is because my whole routine has changed!

Think about it...new job, new apartment, new school, new town. Everything is pretty much different. Plus the fact that I don't know anyone here. Obviously, I have met people at work and at school, but most of the other students are WAY younger than me, and some of them are pretty damn obnoxious!

As for work, I guess there are some cool people, but no one I would really hang out with!

Amy and Tim were in Wal Mart the other day, and it was great to see them, but I wish I could have hung out with them for a little while.

Luckily my friend Chuck comes to Plattsburgh quite a bit. The other day we had pizza after I got done work. (Freschetta Brick Oven Pepperoni.......it is goooooooood!) He works nights, so it is pretty nice to be able to call him when I get home if I feel like it.

AND my Aunt said that she wants to come to Plattsburgh some weekend and take me to lunch. That is definitely something to look forward to!

Part of the problem is work. I get all of these crappy shifts....like 1:00 - 10:00. That one really sucks. I hate that shift. I have been there too much lately because coworkers are taking time off and one person quit and hasn't been replaced. I don't begrudge anyone their time off, but I moved here for school, not to work there. I have direct deposit and every time I have tried to get my pay stub from work, that office is really busy. The other day they mailed them to me, and I was getting paid 55 cents less per hour than I was promised! Luckily, I will be getting retro pay and they are going to fix it, but I had "Florence" at the ready if needed! (If you have never heard of a Florence attack, it is not a pretty thing! Right Mom? : P )
AND the hours thing is going to have to change. Luckily my supervisor is supportive of and understands school is more important.

I thought that I was supposed to have Sunday off this weekend, but I'm not, which has me kind of bummed. My supervisor was on vacation and then this week she has had to work overnights because the whole department had to be changed around and it is easier to do it when it is less busy. She usaully gives me my schedule, but she wasn't there when I was so I looked at the board. She came in last night and said "So, you will be here 1-10 both Saturday and Sunday..." I was like "Nooooo......." and I told her what the other schedule said. She got kind of snotty with me and said "Don't go by that, go by mine!" and I asked her how she expected me to do that when she hadn't been there! She is really cool and I like her a lot, but I think she was just stressed because one of my coworkers took next week off at the last minute. She is letting me work a day shift, so at least that is better. The schedules are printed off a computer, so I don't understand why they are different!

Anyway, I guess I just need to talk to her and tell her my feelings, and how I would like to have some time to myself and that I do not want to work 1-10 every weekend! One of my other co-workers is going to be out for at least two weeks for surgery. I am NOT working 35 or 40 hours that week. I am sorry, I just can't do it. Guess I better talk to her soon!

I have also missed my former BW co-workers this week. James and I have been e-mailing, and I talk to Jared on the phone sometimes, but I miss Jim and Doug too! Jim and I worked together pretty much everyday for at least 5 or 6 of the 7 years that I worked there, so I guess that is understandable.

It really sucks that I can't really do anything about feeling this way. I have no time to go to Saranac Lake....I do have to go to the Dr on Wednesday to get a physical for school, but I have to come right back for a class! Oh well. Guess I will just have to beg for a weekend day off! Or demand it! Ha Ha.

I guess I am just rambling. I will stop now.

I do have a saucy new hairdo........so that makes me feel pretty good! I guess I am pretty damn easy to please! It had been months since I got my hair cut.....and I got about three inches cut off. It feels so much better! Not to mention the damn grays were getting a bit out of control!

I will really stop now!
posted by Jenne Lou at 9/23/2005 01:16:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home